Navigation
Home Page

Admissions and Attendance

Admissions and Attendance

 

Please find below information as to how to apply to Camm's and all about our attendance once you join!  The admission arrangements can be found with the Admissions Policy.

 

If you require a paper copy of any of the documents, please contact school and we will be happy to help.

 

 

 

Reception:

 

Admission to the school in Reception is managed by Derbyshire County Council through the Primary Admissions process. Please find below a link to the County Council website where applications can be made online.  In addition to this you can find our Admissions policy and supplementary Admissions form in the links below.

 

In school admissions are also handled through Derbyshire County Council.

 

Nursery Admissions:

 

These are done on a termly basis Sept, January and Easter and children are admitted the term after their third Birthday. Invitations are sent out the half term before admission and you will be invited to come to a meeting to discuss admission arrangements.

 

If you need any further information about Admissions please contact the school office.

Dear Parents/Carers, 

 

Eckington Camm’s (Endowed (VA) CE Primary School is writing to notify you of a proposed in-year variation to our admissions policy for the year 2021-22. This will affect admissions to Year R in September 2021 and beyond. The closure of churches as a result of COVID-19 has raised the issue of clergy being able to verify an applicant's level of church attendance in order to meet governors' admissions requirements.

 

Clearly it will not be possible for clergy to verify a level of attendance in line with schools' admissions policies during the next admissions application round for the academic year 2021/22 and as a result we are intending to amend our admissions policy over subscription criteria to reflect this.  This proposal is based on advice received and after consulting the Office of the Schools Adjudicator. 

 

The proposed variation agreed with the OSA is as follows: 

 

“In the event that during the period specified for attendance at worship the church has been closed for public worship and has not provided alternative premises for that worship, the requirements of these [admissions] arrangements in relation to attendance will only apply to the period when the church or alternative premises have been available for public worship”. 

 

All other aspects of our admissions policy remain unchanged. 

 

Yours faithfully, 

Rev A Walker

Mrs M Brough

Co-Chairs of Governors 

Admissions Policy 2020-2021

Attendance and Absence

 

We have a high expectation for attendance at school as ensuring your child is a school as often as possible is the best way to ensure they achieve their potential.  There is also the legal aspect to attendance, which is part of our role in monitoring and challenging attendance where it falls below our school target, the LA target and any trigger for involving Education Welfare Services.  This monitoring involves:

 

  • Checking percentages against our traffic light system (Green >97%, Amber 97-90%, Red <90%) The 97% is a change for the 2018-2019 academic year.
  • Assessing holiday requests against the criteria for exceptional circumstances
  • Discussing with Derbyshire Education Welfare Services
  • Engaging with School Health
  • Referring to Derbyshire Local Authority for Fixed Penalty Notices

 

All of these form part of our statutory duty to ensure that children are in school.  Sometimes this involves sending out letters which might feel a little unfair, but please understand that this part of our duty and as such needs to be carried out with due diligence and fair process - it is not a witch-hunt.

 

Sick children have no place in school, and where this is the case, we will send them home.  However, there are occasions where 'poorly tummies' are more down to not being a morning person (guilty as charged) or some other reason.  When this is the case, please send them in!  99.9% of the time a good dose of 'Fresh air and friends' works wonders and they are as right as rain.  The other 0.1% - well, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it!

 

In all seriousness, attendance is a priority at school, and remains one of our Ofsted targets from 2010, and even it is wasn't, we would still target attendance being important.

 

Many thanks for your understanding and support in this matter.

 

Mr Cocking

 

Here's what we are aiming for...

Attendance Policy 2019

Recent Attendance Letters Feb 2019

Camms Nursery Brochure


Top