Keeping safe on bonfire night
- Only adults should ever touch and light fireworks.
- Keep a safe distance away from the bonfire and fireworks.
- Never return to a lit firework. Even if it hasn’t gone off, it could still explode.
- Always wear gloves when using sparklers.
- Ask an adult to light your sparkler.
- Hold the sparkler away from your body, at arm’s length.
- Use the sparkler in your own space, away from others.
- Keep scarves and loose clothing away from a lit sparkler.
- Put used sparklers in a bucket of sand or water.