Teacher: Mrs Crotty
Teaching Assistants: Mr Webb and Mrs Treweek
Remember - It takes less time to do it right, than to do it twice!
We are currently improving our reading comprehension and writing skills by writing up a science experiment, writing poems and a story. During Numeracy we will be working on Decimals, Percentages and Fractions and Ratio and Proportion. In Science we are learning about Light. Mr Williams from Eckington Secondary School has been helping us to use seeds from the European Space Centre to see if they grow differently to seeds that remained on Earth. In RE we are investigating 'How do religions help us when life gets hard?' We are also having lots of PE fun on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons with Mr Santer, preparing for a Kwik Cricket match and a Tag Rugby tournament.
Topic Information : Conflict
Literacy: Poetic Voices, A Play In A Day
Numeracy: Co-ordinates, averages, ratio, SATs preparation
Religious Education: How do religions help us when life gets hard?
Art: Rene Magritte - Surrealism
ICT: Screen Turtle
PE - Tag Rugby, Kwik Cricket
· P.E days are Tuesday and Wednesday.
· Please ensure that the children have a variety of clothing options, as we will be practising skills outside this term.
· Please ensure that all clothing is clearly labelled.
“This is an essential part of learning but the idea is not to stop children doing their own thing outside of school.”
Spelling Tests will be on Thursdays so please ensure your child has learned their spellings.
· Homework will be distributed on Friday for the following Friday unless otherwise instructed. This consists of Literacy tests on www.spag.com and Numeracy on www.activelearnprimary.co.uk. Topic homework can be chosen from the Multi-Intelligence sheet.
Thus term children will begin bringing home extra SATs preparation work. Test Week 9th May.
· Ongoing practice in times tables, reading and spelling is an integral part of the basic skills and is encouraged to be practiced at every opportunity throughout the week. “Little and often.”
· Should there be a problem with homework, I will be quite happy to spend time with your child to help to explain it again.
SATs Week begins on Monday 9th May. Please ensure children are well rested and well hydrated.